EFG Companies recently completed its second national consumer research study regarding consumer buying habits. The data from 1,457 respondents clearly showed the importance of an online presence when it comes to selling powersports. Specifically,
- 50 percent of customers check a dealer’s online customer reviews prior to considering them for a potential vehicle purchase.
- 71 percent compare dealership website prices before deciding which dealership to visit.
- 83 percent expect a response from the dealership within 24 hours of sending an online inquiry, and 16 percent want information immediately or within the hour.
- 43 percent say the more information you can provide online, the more apt they are to visit the dealership.
- 45 percent rank poor spelling, grammar and punctuation as a top three reason to eliminate a dealership from consideration.
These data points should come as no surprise, especially if you consider your own online shopping habits. But one question should arise. Do you have the right team with the right skills to convert these eLeads into sales?
Selling in a Digital World
We’ve all been coached on email etiquette and hopefully have mastered professional online communication. But, converting a basic inquiry to a dealership visit, and a sale, involves more than an automated email response. Continue reading